Fun Day Dog Show 2015 - Sunday 19th July

Shows, dates and places where the stall will be!

Fun Day Dog Show 2015 - Sunday 19th July

Postby Woof! » Sat May 16, 2015 7:57 pm

We've set the date for Vigil GSD Rescue's Fun Day Dog Show!

It is on Sunday 19th July 2015 at the same venue as the Christmas Party from 12:00 to 4:00 pm - for more detailed info about the location, visit http://www.effinghamkgv.co.uk/find-us/4547758572.

The address is:

King George V Hall
Browns Lane
Effingham
Surrey KT24 5ND

https://www.google.com/maps/place/King+George+V+Hall/@51.269818,-0.395949,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xacd9dd1170b202fc?hl=en

All breeds are welcome, and this day is a great chance to have a go at activities such as agility, companion dog showing (Dog with the Waggiest Tail, Best Rescue etc), obstacle courses, training and basically have some waggy tail fun.

There will of course be a raffle (raffle prize donations would be very welcome, as would cakes for the cake stall), refreshments, a cake stall, the Vigil Stall and lots more fun.

Entry donation is £2 per adult while kids under 16 and dogs go free, and there is free parking too.

Please call Sally on 01403 891550 or Sue Gibbons on 01444 453 302 for more info.

And please spread the word about our Fun Day Dog Show. Thank you :-)
Woof!

Re: Fun Day Dog Show 2015 - Sunday 19th July

Postby biggsd » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:11 am

I will be there with up to 6 Vigil rescue dogs looking for there new homes,However i cant go IF i dont get any offers of help to walk,Show and take charge of one of my fosterd rescues ,Also would like to see a couple of dogs in kennels have an away day,If you can help in ANY way please contact me by phone on 01932 571268
Theres a home out there for EVERY dog
john@biggsd.com 01932 571268

http://www.germanshepherdrescuesurrey.c ... ption-form

KT16 Chertsey
biggsd

Postby Woof! » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Not long to go now - really looking forward to the show.

Trustee Nicola Scott will be on BBC Radio Surrey at 6:30 tomorrow morning (Saturday) to talk about the show so do listen in! Visit BBC Radio Surrey at http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcsurrey

The grounds are large, so there's plenty of room to take your dog for a nice walk as well as taking part in the activities.
Woof!

Postby Pammy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:51 pm

Bree , Charlie , Lola , Timber & Ty will be there all looking for homes
Pammy
Site Admin

Postby biggsd » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:19 pm

All 5 dogs here will be at the Vigil fun day tomorrow.

From the back
Timber
Bree
Charlie
Lola
Bob

Theres a home out there for EVERY dog
john@biggsd.com 01932 571268

http://www.germanshepherdrescuesurrey.c ... ption-form

KT16 Chertsey
biggsd

Postby Woof! » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Looking forward to seeing you all John, and I am cursing myself, as I forgot to bring some hot chocolate from kennels.... hope tea or coffee will make up for it1 xxx
Woof!

Postby Woof! » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:24 pm

What a day we had yesterday! Thank you to everyone who came to help and support us - we really hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did! It was lovely to put faces to names and to see all the dogs having such a great time, having a go at agility, taking part in the obstacle course, entering the companion dog show - we had 32 dogs in the Best Rescue classes and it is wonderful to see so many people taking on a rescue dog.

The handsome Charlie found his Forever Home and we have new volunteers coming to help with our rescue dogs at kennels.

The event raised £1,200, thanks to the generosity and kindness of everyone who attended, whether people bought raffle tickets, tucked into some goodies to eat from the kitchen, bought something from the Vigil stall, entered the agility or classes, treated themselves to cakes, or bought a plant from the plant stall. Thank you to everyone who donated raffle prizes and cakes. We had wonderful help and support from all the volunteers who worked so hard on the dog events and classes, those who worked in the kitchen and on the Vigil stall and plant stall, those who helped us set up and take down, man the gates and help with the running of the event. To everyone who helped, a big thank you.

Thank you to Bob at the King George V Hall for his help in organising the event, and to Natural Instinct for their wonderful goody bags!

We are very grateful to our wonderful dog walking volunteers who helped with the setting up, running and taking down of the event, and who helped John with all his dogs – they all got three or four walks each – and our own dogs who thoroughly enjoyed their days out. Dexter came along with his new Mum and Dad who pick him up from kennels on Saturday and he had a marvellous time, but no coffee or tea!

Huge thanks to everyone who came along to join us on the day – we hope you and your dogs had a wonderful time and made lots of new friends, four paws & two! We really appreciated your support and help, and willingness to lend a paw and help our dogs.

Last but not least, thank you to our wonderful dogs. They all give us so much love and contribute so much to our lives, and our lives are so much fuller and better for having our beloved dogs in them.

With a huge thank you to everyone

See you next year!
Woof!

Return to What's Happening