Poppy 2 year old

dogs we have rehomed

Moderator: gsd-mad

Poppy 2 year old

Postby Pammy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Poppy is a 2 year old sable short coat , she has come into rescue as her previous owner was not able to look after her. She is a lovely friendly girl who needs some basic training. She is full of bounce and can be a bit reactive to dogs when on lead.

She needs an experienced home where her training can be continued.

This is what Jonathan said about her , on a walk at the weekend

I met Poppy for the first time today and took her for a nice walk. She welcomed me by jumping up and licking my face as I went into her kennel and did the same to some people we met who were admiring her. I didn’t want to tell her off on our first meeting and no one minded and thought she was a lovely girl, as indeed she is. She walked nicely taking interest in her surroundings, and picked up the odd stick for a short while and liked to drink from puddles and the river, but didn’t get in the water. She took her treats very gently, would sit and offer a paw and although it is noted that she is reactive to other dogs, we experimented with a small terrier who’s owner suggested we let them meet to see what happened and her tail was wagging and there were no aggressive signs, I think she just wants to play

In kennels in Surrey.
Homecheck & donation fee apply.

Adoption form here http://www.germanshepherdrescuesurrey.com/index.php/adoption-form

For more details call Sue Gibbons on 01444 453302
Pammy
Site Admin

Return to Happy Endings