Rex - 15 months - IN FOSTER

dogs we have rehomed

Moderator: gsd-mad

Rex - 15 months - IN FOSTER

Postby Woof! » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 am

My technical expertise doesn't extend to adding images - so please click here on the link http://vigilgsdrescue.org.uk/dog.cgi?ref=20120087 to see a photo of Rex and to hear his story. He's not technical a German Shepherd - we think he may be a Malinois (one of the varieties of Belgian Shepherd), but his tale was so awful, we took him on.

I walked Rex yesterday - he was very interested in everything that was going on, and he was very good on the lead. I gave him a good cuddle when we got back to kennels which he enjoyed enormously - as the write up says on his info, he can be quite soppy!

Rex is a young dog who deserves a Forever Home so if you would like more info, please give Sue Gibbons on 01444 453302 or Mike Price on 07956 342529 to find out more.
Woof!

Re: Rex - 15 months

Postby Mary PDS » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Love him, small, fox like, affectionate.
Mary PDS

Postby yogibear » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:51 am

Rex is an absolute sweetie pie! He's come on in leaps and bounds since he came to Vigil as a terrified nervous wreck back in November last year. He's extremely affectionate, a never ending bundle of energy and whilst still rather excitable at times, this will easily be managed with some gentle one-to-one training. This little lad is going to make one terrific dog for someone! :D
yogibear
Site Admin

Postby Mary PDS » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:12 pm

yogibear wrote:Rex is an absolute sweetie pie! He's come on in leaps and bounds since he came to Vigil as a terrified nervous wreck back in November last year. He's extremely affectionate, a never ending bundle of energy and whilst still rather excitable at times, this will easily be managed with some gentle one-to-one training. This little lad is going to make one terrific dog for someone! :D

Oh absolutely, another I spent time with in the shade. As I approached his kennel he jumped with such excitement, once in I waited till he calmed down, didn't take that long. He sat by my side I put the lead on and off we when. I saw another side to this lovely dog today, he is so affectionate, rolled on his back, sat by my side and generally was so content and happy for someone just to spend quality time with him.

If your considering this lad and you have the patience and empathy to help build his confidence, great joys await....................he is the biggest (sorry smallest) cuddle bunny I have met in a while. Gorges lad :D
Mary PDS

Postby Mary PDS » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Rex is quiet a smart lad, he's learnt that when I enter the kennel the only way out is to sit and wait, didn't take long, jumping up got him know where.

Rex is small, cute and a real cuddle bunny, finds it hard to contain his excitement, again a wonderful fella................there's work to be done, but could be so rewarding, great, fabulous, sweet, cute dog..................go on you know you want to meet him.
Mary PDS

Postby yogibear » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:42 am

I couldn't agree with you more, Mary. This little lad is really starting to blossom now. He's such a quick and keen learner and I still believe has the makings of an excellent agility dog.

Come on you agility people! Someone must be looking for their next champion that isn't a collie or WSD!!! :lol:
yogibear
Site Admin

Postby yogibear » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Looks like this gorgeous young man has a new home to go to!!

WTG Rexy boy! Love you xx
yogibear
Site Admin

Postby Mary PDS » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:19 pm

yogibear wrote:Looks like this gorgeous young man has a new home to go to!!

WTG Rexy boy! Love you xx
Rex I have everything crossed for you, I simply loved you, I will miss you, but so so so happy..............hope to catch you before you leave xx
Mary PDS

Postby biggsd » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Vigils and other rescues dogs pictured after there canal side walk yesterday at Treeops kennels

,Image

From left to right humand, Ammie a Vigil trustee, Neil, Tom, Stella another Vigil Trustee,

Rescue dogs

Shyan and Dozer, viewtopic.php?f=17&t=534

Rex the new boy viewtopic.php?f=5&t=536

malaki viewtopic.php?f=17&t=500

Sadie viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180
Theres a home out there for EVERY dog
john@biggsd.com 01932 571268

http://www.germanshepherdrescuesurrey.c ... ption-form

KT16 Chertsey
biggsd

Postby biggsd » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Another group of rescue dogs after a canal side walk at Treetops kennels yesterday.

Humans from left to right.

Tom, Sue a Vigil trustee,Neil, Another 2 new volunteers and Stella a Vigil trustee and another new Volunteer.

Rescue dogs.

Maddy. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=507

Harry. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=481

Shyan and Dozer. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=534

Rex. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=526

Cooper viewtopic.php?f=17&t=404
Theres a home out there for EVERY dog
john@biggsd.com 01932 571268

http://www.germanshepherdrescuesurrey.c ... ption-form

KT16 Chertsey
biggsd

Next